Thursday, March 26, 2009

Are you a www Leech!! An Introspection

Today after 10 years since I first typed www.. in my life I was enlightened that all through I was a world wide web leech. Leech why? Call it a writer's enlightenment or self awakening, I realized all these years I have been literally sucking information out of the web. Be it from finding reviews to buy a mobile, TV, finding place or finding solutions to complicated technical issues, I have used the web to the extent possible.

The sudden thought that “I have never given away more than I got back.” made me coin myself the term "WWW Leech". The web is what it is only due to the fact that there exist millions of users who contribute there part of the life experiences so that we leeches get benefited. Because of them the wealth of knowledge is at our finger tips. So here I am trying to gain an entry into blogosphere in a way to over come that feeling of being a leech. Over the coming days I intend to fill up this space with some info from my gray matter helping the online community, making a small change and also to flex my creative writing skills...

Of course this is my first blog and I am rookie in this business. The very thought of what to write in my first blog was the show stopper for me over these days. Since I have some how overcome that for now, here I am scribbling about the whole experience of writing for the first time. The only other writing experience I had was writing tests and exams all through my academic career. It seemed I tasted success here as i never flunked in any of my exams and ended up in a decent paying job proving the fact. My friends say I can talk non stop on all varieties of topic ranging from an open drain near my house to the way an instrument landing system of Boeing 747 works, but when it comes to writing I feel I sulk. Today's writing in a way will be a stepping stone for my future thought process and I look forward to come with informative and thought provoking articles. Now as I know that I have been dragging this one with literally no informative thing for the reader, if you are still with me and reached reading here then my days of getting glorified as a writer still seems reasonable.

Now I would like to end my note with a thought "Are you a www leech too?" If so join the community start writing...
Thanks for bearing with me, hope I keep my self motivated and storm you with more to come, till then
Happy Living !! :-)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Ugadi! good day to start blogging :)
    you've got pretty cool name for blog. I see you have put lot into small post. I liked that. Personally, I am not fan of long blogs and most readers are like me. I am looking forward to see more of utilitarian and funny posts here.
    One more thing. It's takes little motivation to start a blog, but only self motivated people can maintain it. Wish you best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. You gave me material to write a blog after long time. My new post (http://yogeeblogee.blogspot.com/2009/03/kiran-just-blogged.html) links to this

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to blogosphere ! as Yogee mentioned, its a challenge to keep blogging :)-I myself have two blogs that have gone into hiberation :D...nyways good start, keep it going !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great News. just waiting for my day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atlast on Virodi samvastra you started blogging. Welcome to the blogging world.
    Cool name to your blog and good topic as well.
    To ignite a candel we need some trigger and now you have got that..but keep that light glowing without loosing interest.
    Looking forward your new topics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan!
    bloody leach!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feb, March, April, May, June..
    bloody leach!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. July... I am going to quit now!

    ReplyDelete